Adventures of the Catawastes

(Oh crap I forgot to actually do anything >.<)
(yeah. Control too if i’m not overriding)

“He’s coming from there.” (Lit points)
“Jane, authorize the system to open fire, make sure its marking us as friendlies”

Lit switches to his longer range weapons for the time being, making sure the shotgun is strapped to him and easy to access, then pops the Kpinga holster covers off so they can slide out.

Jane:“Roger!” system marked all humans as friendly

Momotaro: draws katana

Helena: holsters Sig Saur, takes LeMat out

Wilson:draws his M4A1

the monster keeps sprinting with full vigor it is now 200 - 250 metters away.

(do the drones shoot automatically or is only the RV turret, which you said is a laser one)

(They fire manually at designated spots, Once target is marked hostile: manual fire is a possibility at any time, and once they are cleared to fire at will: automatic | this goes for all systems)

Lit begins firing, getting ready to draw its attention as it gets closer.

Litppunk fires his DMR the shot hits the Wendigo in the torso… it seems unfazed!

Momotaro takes a defensive stance

Helena fires her LeMat revolver, it hits the Wendigo’s torso… it seems unfazed!

Wilson fires a short burst with his M14, the bullets hit the Wendigo’s torso, left arm and right leg… it seems unfazed!

The Wendigo keeps sprinting its now 50 meters away.

Deblois survivor 1 cowers in fear

Deblois survivor 2 cowers in fear

Jane is worried

{Health status
Litppunk’s party: Litppunk [Healthy] Helena [Healthy] Momotaro [healthy] Jane [Healthy]
Drones: land drone [Intact] sky drone Mk.II [Intact]
Guest: Wilson:[Healthy]
Deblois survivors: 1 [Injured] 2 [Injured]
Wendigo [Healthy]
}

Lit sets the rifle down drawing the twin Kpingas making sure to draw its attention. He prepares to mount the charging Wendingo.

(attempted mount: feint right, dodge left, catch horns or neck with right Kpinga, jumping and pivoting around the wedged blade then using the left Kpinga to stabilize a handhold on the other side, mounting before if possible, after a hop skip jump, if it proves to much)

Litppunk waves his arms frantically… the Wendigo is now targeting Litppunk!

Helena fires her LeMat revolver, it hits the Wendigo’s left leg… it seems unfazed!

Helena:“My gun isn’t doing anything!”

Momotaro fiddles with his armor

Wilson takes out a dynamite stick

The Wendigo charges at Litppunk!.. Litppunk dodges and hooks his weapon on the Wendigo’s antler and mounts its back!

The Wendigo halts his movement… it does not seem amused… further more its skin feels oily and it smells of rotten fruit

Jane is very worried

{Health status
Litppunk’s party: Litppunk [Healthy, has a grip with his Kpinga on the Wendigo’s right antler ] Helena [Healthy] Momotaro [healthy] Jane [Healthy]
Wendigo [Healthy, grapled by Litppunk]
}

(also can I say that before you mentioned, I had never heard of a Kpinga, and now having seen it, I have to say that it looks like the weirdest weapon I’ve seen

Kpinga

it looks like a high fantasy weapon or something! :smile: )

( Its actually an african throwing and fighting knife, that when thrown right, will often hit the shield and roll around it pivitoing over the shield and hitting the bearer.

My favorite version:

https://modblade.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/mabo-tribe-rdc.jpg?w=1400

)

Lit releases the right Kpinga leaving it lodged in the atlers, and after making sure the left is properly lodged, pulls the shotgun taught against the sling. Bracing against the Kpinga in the left hand, the Windingo beneath him, and the shotgun pressed against the back-right of the head and neck of the Windingo He begins pumping shells into it as fast as he can manage.

( could have sworn there was a mythbusters episode on it but I can’t find it anywhere >.<)

Litppunk fires his shotgun repeatedly at point blank!, the shots blows through the Wendigo’s neck.

The Wendigo screams, its head is now connected by a flimsy bit of its flesh, the Wendigo falls down, its oily blood oozing out of its wounds.

Momotaro:"…Well that was quick"

{Health status
Litppunk’s party: Litppunk [Healthy, has a grip with his Kpinga on the Wendigo’s right antler ] Helena [Healthy] Momotaro [healthy] Jane [Healthy]
Wendigo [Downed]
}

The Wendigo’s skin bubbles

(Oh, I know it’s a real thing (after googling it), it’s just one of those weapons that have a really weird design, like the urumi :https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urumi)

“Are you guys the only ones left?”

Deblois Survivor 1: he runs to the door and screams “NO! ITS A TRICK!!”

The Wendigo’s neck melts and reforms itself!

The Wendigo’s head turns nearly 180 degrees and bites Litppunk’s left leg, he then stands up.

Momotaro charges at the Wendigo and slashes at it, the katana digs into its right arm… the katana is stuck!

Helena sweeps the Wendigo… the Wendigo is too strong to fall!

Wilson drops the M14 and draws his hatchet

Jane is panicking!

{Health status
Litppunk’s party: Litppunk [Left leg: deep laceration, left shin locked by the Wendigo’s teeth] Helena [Healthy] Momotaro [healthy] Jane [Healthy, Panicking]
Wendigo [Lightly Injured, Is holding Litpunk’s left shin with his teeth]
}

Lit unloads into the windingos head

Litppunk lines the shot so he does not shoot his own leg off and fires his shotgun shooting until he hear the click of the gun running out of shells, the Wendigo’s skull shatters and breaks apart, spilling the oily substance all over the place, the Wendigo falls down… along with Litppunk.

Momotaro lets go of the katana and grabs Litppunk by the arm and helps him up

The Wendigo’s skin bubbles

Deblois Survivor ':“It NEVER stops getting up!!” *he fires his double barrel on the Wendigo taking a chunk of its torso.

the Wendigo’s skull reforms!

Wilson:“Let’s see you get up from this!” he drops the hatched and takes out a refillable lighter and lights it

before Wilson can light the dynamite, from its prone position the Wendigo leaps upon Wilson and pins him to the ground… when it sees the flame of the lighter it roars, lifts Wilson and tosses him away!

Wilson skids along the ground hurting his arm.

Helena is unsure of what to do

Jane is frightened

{Health status
Litppunk’s party: Litppunk [Left leg: deep laceration] Helena [Healthy] Momotaro [healthy] Jane [Healthy, Panicking]
Guest: Wilson:[Brusied and scraped right arm]
Wendigo [Minor Injury]
}

Litppunk reloads and attempts to use the artifact

Littpunk’s shot gun is realoaded.

when you pick up the artefact it feels cold to the touch, shaking it, touching it or trying anything else produces no results.

The Wendigo leaps upon Momotaro!, Momotaro is knocked to the ground, the Wendigo pining him.

Momotaro punches the Wendigo in the skull… it does not do much other than covering his hand in the Wendigo’s oily secretion.

Wilson gets up and tries again to light the dynamite… but he fumbles… instead the part of his duster that is covered in the substance of Wendigo where it grabbed before ignites.

The Wengigo screeches for some reason!

Wilson swats at the burning patch of his duster putting the fire out.

{Health status
Litppunk’s party: Litppunk [Left leg: deep laceration] Helena [Healthy] Momotaro [healthy, Pinned by Wendigo] Jane [Healthy, Panicking]
Wendigo [Minor Injury, AFRAID!]
}

Lit uses the shotgun to blast the Wendingo in the head sideways, away from Momo and the others.
Once it is forced to recuperate he pushes Momo away getting off himself and lights the windingo on fire with a tossed Zippo.

After the Wendigo head gets blown off Momotaro rolls away from it

The Wendigo’s skull reforms

As soon as the flame of the lighter touches the Wendigo its entire skin bursts into flame

The Wendigo became a !!Wendigo!!

the !!Wendigo!! runs around screaming and rolling on the floor, trying in vain to put out the fire, a minute later it collapses on the ground, turning to ashes.

Deblois survivor 1: he falls to the ground “It’s… over, hahaha!” the relief and joy he is feeling is palpable

Deblois survivor 2: falls to his knes “Thank you, Thank you!!”

Momotaro: “I never meet anything like that before”

Helena:“Me neither”

Jane: calls over the radio, her voice is full of worry “Is everyone okay!?”

Wilson: walks to the rest of the party… keeping his distance from the !!Wendigo’s!! remains

after the flame of the !!Wendigo’s!! ashes dies out, you feel the trinket warm up (I assume you kept it on your person), its now very warm, like a rock that was left in the morning sun.

COMBAT OVER!

{Health status
Litppunk’s party: Litppunk [Left leg: deep laceration] Helena [Healthy] Momotaro [Healthy] Jane [Healthy, Worrying]
}

over the radio “yeah Jane think we are all ok, Wilson’s a little banged up, and Momo might be too from getting tackled but we are all ok”

“you good momo?”

looks at survivors: “how about you guys, any injuries that need taking care of, or people that mihgt have made it?”

Momotaro:“I’m ok!.. its mostly my ego that is hurt…”

Deblois survivor 1: shakes his head "no, we are the only ones left, everyone else… he takes a deep breath

Deblois survivor 2:“Could… could you give us a ride?, that monster wrecked our car”

Helena:“I’m going to get some bandages… you should worry about yourself more Litppunk” she points to your left leg

( I will have everyone heal and make preparations all at once, do you have anything to ask or do in this place?)

"Eh, I’ll live till I get some bandages on me.’

(yeah sounds good, I don’t have anything else that needs doing.)