Mutation category expansion

Sigg’d

Wouldn’t being deafend inflict a dodging penalty though, it does throw off your balence

Well, I’d suggest that heat stroke and frost bite were much more troublesome with this mutation: Not being able to tell how hot or cold you are.

Also, sweaty. You’re always sweating!

Herd Instincts - Your morale plummets without companionship!

Bestial gallop - post-threshold mutation for animal-like mutcats (beast, lizard, cattle, chimera etc). Improves dodge and speed of character if his hands are not wielding anything.

snip[/quote]

Why not make it that with a high enough cooking and other relevant skill, you could design tier two mutagens? Discover and develop them yourselves after your character has become familiar with mutagens. I don’t mean the character design them yourselves, but have a wide range of premade ‘hidden’ mutations that your character can design based on the new world, with more specific and ‘exotic’ mutagens such as salamander, wasp, snake, etc.

Also, how do shock zombies do mad zaps? Never understood that.

As far as I understand how XE037 work, zeds would not mutate from mutagens - their mutations are controlled directly by XE037 that animates them. And you yourself are not statistically representative. And since mutagens are probability-based - you would need statistically representative set of test-subjects.

As far as I understand how XE037 work, zeds would not mutate from mutagens - their mutations are controlled directly by XE037 that animates them. And you yourself are not statistically representative. And since mutagens are probability-based - you would need statistically representative set of test-subjects.[/quote]

Hmm… that’s true, I guess.

Well… I for one, welcome our new lizard overlords.

But on the topic of Tier II Mutations, I actually think it’s a good idea.

Partially because I have no morals.
But, Tier II should come with a much, much bigger risk, as instead of the usual response (See Below)
[size=36pt]SUFFER NOT THE TERRIBLE MUTATION[/size]
and just drink Purifier/Febreeze [size=8pt](I suspect it’s bleach.)[/size]
Example of Beast Tier I: Beast Mutagen (Tier I) Beast Serum (Tier I Serum)
Example of Beast Tier II: Beast Stem-Cell Injector (Tier II) Beast Stem-Cell Amplifier (Tier II Serum)

I just woke up again. What’d I miss- when’d I get put in charge? …sorta.

Frankly I’d rather have the devs work on improving mutations and CBM’s in general, and mutation trees that logically flow out of CataDDA’s world instead of someone being all crazy about fantasy animal X.

Why put some salamander or wolf mutant tier II mutation tree in the game when there’s not even a CBM/biomech or nether mutation tree?

Well, there’s no CBM mutation tree because… …CBMs aren’t biological. You can’t ‘grow’ a CPU. Sure, there’s biological equivalents, but that’s not a bionic, and that’s not how the goo works.

The same reason people love Godzilla-He blows shit up.

For example, Have I introduced Bishop Conway Dirvek?
Yeah. Did we also mention he’s in the Lupinius Mutation Tree?
GG.

[quote=“TinHeadDays, post:489, topic:3755”]The same reason people love Godzilla-He blows shit up.

GG.[/quote]

What on earth are you talking about?

[quote=“EkarusRyndren, post:490, topic:3755”][quote=“TinHeadDays, post:489, topic:3755”]The same reason people love Godzilla-He blows shit up.

GG.[/quote]

What on earth are you talking about?[/quote]
I think I shouldn’t be drinking at this hour.
I’m actually slightly buzzed, Right now I’m trying to get one of my voice actors TO DO THEIR JOB.

…So is anyone still interested in adding in MDD?

Regarding all the talk of rare earth metals a couple of pages ago:

Keep in mind that while China is the current dominant producer of REEs it’s not like only China has/produces REEs. For example, the Mountain Pass rare earth mine in CA was the dominant producer in earlier decades. As I understand it there were two major reasons it closed:

1. China flooding the market and driving down prices. In the case of strategic need I doubt this would stop U.S. production (or production in other parts of the world).

2. The environmental impacts. REE mining can create a lot of horribly toxic and/or radioactive tailings. As in some other parts of current industry, not caring about this is one of the reasons China became so dominant. (China’s getting better about environmental concerns now, but it’s a slow process.) Either way, in the dystopian future of CDDA I doubt environmental concerns would block REE mining.

The Mountain Pass mine I mentioned earlier has been started back up in recent years, one of many projects to try and cash in on current demand. While China does still dominate world production there are other sources-- especially if strategic necessity increases (price matters less) and environmental concerns are either mitigated or ignored.

Bottom line, don’t let concerns about REEs overly influence one’s thinking about a fictional future dystopian US government’s ability to produce hypertechnology.

Another consideration on scarce resources (like REEs, but this also applies to things like food) and the Cataclysm:

In some ways, the Cataclysm can actually reduce scarcity by way of one simple thing: there are fewer people clamoring for scarce resources. Far, far fewer. For all the problems with obtaining certain resources, like environmental dangers, with only a tiny fraction of humanity left to want resources or make an environmental impact, that alone will reduce or eliminate a lot of problems surrounding certain resources today.

[quote=“AllisonW, post:494, topic:3755”]Another consideration on scarce resources (like REEs, but this also applies to things like food) and the Cataclysm:

In some ways, the Cataclysm can actually reduce scarcity by way of one simple thing: there are fewer people clamoring for scarce resources. Far, far fewer. For all the problems with obtaining certain resources, like environmental dangers, with only a tiny fraction of humanity left to want resources or make an environmental impact, that alone will reduce or eliminate a lot of problems surrounding certain resources today.[/quote]

Maybe in the long term, yes. If you’re referring to hunting and foraging, however, you also have to consider the wildlife and that the people who are still there will take a lot more. In the short term, there are many, many people frantically getting supplies. In the three days that you spent in the shelter, the entirety of humanity will be scrambling to get what supplies they can, meaning that what’s left to salvage and scavenge is… not that much.

The disease/infection immune mutations should act as effective prerequisites to parasite immune, rather than just disease/infection resistant.