Latest experimental features

Also a new vehicle lifting system. Now there’s more than just one small jack that can lift a tank.

How is this working? Because in my little game I was trying to figure out some decent logic, but it’s not easy.

For example, you want to avoid that someone with crap skill hits things even better just because he misses. In general you shoot at something, roll the dice, and see if it hits.

Unless it’s only trajectory based, so in that case you always hit as long the bullet passes through that cell.

Or you go double jeopardy and make it so its trajectory based % chance and % chance when it enters cell. Then include % chance of full penetration etc… just for added complexity and probably unnecessary accuracy.

But rememeber to account for the multiple layers of inacuracy or angry players…

Long time without the thread being updated, but with many updates to the game.

I’ll sum up quickly:

[ul][li]Traction update to vehicles - harder to drive on grass unless you’ve got big wheels, easier to turn around though. May be reverted, though.[/li]
[li]Zombie masters and necros won’t rush into fire[/li]
[li]Vehicle batteries have gained back their charge numbers in name when they’re items[/li]
[li]Some guns have more than 2 fire modes. For example, single shot, 3 shot burst and full auto.[/li]
[li]Bionics got a new UI showing body part limits. Limits aren’t enforced yet.[/li]
[li]Slimy mutation no longer leaves green slime[/li]
[li]Critters now drop offal when butchered instead of some meat. Less useful in recipes, but has some unique ones.[/li]
[li]Lard and tallow buffed[/li]
[li]Easier crafting of weak alcohol, harder of hard alcohol[/li][/ul]

And tons of other fixes and tweaks.

Filthy perma-morale thing should be fixed, but filthiness is still not up to par when it comes to design.

Kinda old:

The Traps skill has been reworded.
The 7.62x25mm has 2 more bullets: a JHP version from GAME_BALANCE.md and a high-power version, and the Type P has different descriptive text.
The PPSh has 35- and 71-round magazines. (could someone provide a reference for the unloaded weight for the Soviet 71-round drum magazine with the 1mm wall?), and the rail has been removed.
The M14EBR no longer has a wooden stock, and it has a 10-round burst mode.
The Mosin EBRs have plastic stocks again, their aim speeds have been increased to 8, and their JSONs copy from rifle_manual.
The aim speeds of the M1903 and Remington 700 have been increased to 8.
The Steyr AUG no longer has a stock.
The M1014 no longer has a burst mode, but it’s range has been increased by 1.
The .22 CB and .22 ratshot descriptions have been enhanced.
The RM99 can be found in mansions, and wherever guns_pistol_obscure is present.
Some machine guns are burst-only.
The AN-94 now has 2-round burst and 10-round auto.
The RM614 has 4-round burst mode.
The TEC-9 lost it’s selective-fire capability; it is auto-only. (it is only semi-auto or mod full-auto irl.)
The Briefcase SMG and MP5 have a 3-round burst mode.
More 5.45x39 spawns.
The RM216 and RM232 have burst modes.

[EDIT: errors]

Ohhh whats this latest update

Vehicle traction and all the other cool stuff?

I knowmits build 5280 i meant more details on whats been added looks interesting :slight_smile:

Thanks to T-BENZIN, we now have a reference for PPSH drum weight! Thank you!

How do I use bar of soap to clean filthy items?

I cannot seem to find the activator for this function =/

Make wash board load it with soap activate wash board choose dirty cloths…
Im sure thats it only done it once mind.

Also you need to do this near a large supply of water. A pool/river/swamp works well, as does a vehicle mounted water tank. Toilets are not enough.

NPC infighting may be in.

Any recent changes? No-ones posted for awhile. I’m still using 5254.

Turrets now use magazines.
NPCs fight each other if they belong to opposing factions (currently quite buggy).

Did refueling vehicles with “f” ever get fixed? I’m still running 5130 and it was bugged then, fuel containers had to be "U"nloaded while next to a vehicle. Since you can’t unload batteries or plutonium cells (or vortex cores) it’s kind of frustrating to get more advanced systems/recharge vehicles with dead batteries.

iirc it has (works for me on my dev version). Unless you mean refueling with batteries. That feature has been removed.

Aha, I thought he was only talking about all ways to charge a battery, not just how to get the car started.

You can now also use jumper cables, or you can just rip out a working car battery, and install it in a car. You don’t need a welder/tape for that. Only a wrench.

Big aiming update. Dexterity is no longer required to aim well, but is required to aim fast. Perception helps with sniping, by decreasing sight dispersion.
Aiming perfectly (sniping) is much slower, so partly-aimed shots are more important now. Those got a moderate buff.

Book reading update. The UI is noticeably different. Most of the changes here only affects NPCs who now gain skills when you’re reading if they qualify for reading.

Mission code is mostly JSONized now. Has bugs here and there, but it should allow simple custom missions already.

Mutation attacks are jsonized. Currently only simple ones, but this covers most of them.
For example, all of those could be done with this json system (note: those aren’t in, just examples of what COULD be done):

[ul][li]If you have fangs and acid blood and your mouth is uncovered, perform an additional melee attack that causes acid damage[/li]
[li]If you have hooves and fleet footed, perform two hoof attacks instead of one[/li][/ul]