Latest experimental features: tangent and new feature discussion

iirc it has (works for me on my dev version). Unless you mean refueling with batteries. That feature has been removed.[/quote]

And that was a good move.

LOL refilling a car battery with normal batterys LOL.

We have jump leads for that so can jump start from a good battery :slight_smile:

Sooo…my 9v just ain’t gonna cut the mustard to jump my death mobile eh? lol :wink:

Ok I understand that logic is sound. But please tell me there are other ways of filling up a car battery still inside a vehicle. Besides jumper cables + other car.

[quote=“ZoneWizard, post:2, topic:12750”]Sooo…my 9v just ain’t gonna cut the mustard to jump my death mobile eh? lol :wink:

Ok I understand that logic is sound. But please tell me there are other ways of filling up a car battery still inside a vehicle. Besides jumper cables + other car.[/quote]

Alternator, solar panels.

No $h!t? I do not need to have a battery? How do I get it to turn on in the first place without the batter? o_0

What are you talking about? Of course you need a battery, that is the one you want to charge right?

What are you talking about? Of course you need a battery, that is the one you want to charge right?[/quote]

I think he’s referring to the fact that an engine, with an alternator, connected to a dead battery won’t start. At least, that’s been my experience. Previously, you could essentially kickstart it by putting a bit of charge into the vehicle battery, but now that you can’t do that, it would appear to be a chicken and the egg problem. Dunno if that’s still the case though, I haven’t built a vehicle in a while.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:1001, topic:5582”]Turrets now use magazines.
NPCs fight each other if they belong to opposing factions (currently quite buggy).[/quote]

I have tried to place magazines in Assault Rifle Turret (various .223 magazines), Perforator Turret (nail gun magazine), and Needler Turret (Nail gun magazine) with no joy. As far as I can see I can only load single rounds up to the magazine capacity (so 1 round in perforator and 5 rounds in needler).

Am I missing something obvious? I am using today’s experimental.

[quote=“Gryff, post:7, topic:12750”]I have tried to place magazines in Assault Rifle Turret (various .223 magazines), Perforator Turret (nail gun magazine), and Needler Turret (Nail gun magazine) with no joy. As far as I can see I can only load single rounds up to the magazine capacity (so 1 round in perforator and 5 rounds in needler).

Am I missing something obvious? I am using today’s experimental.[/quote]

Bug with the extra vehicle parts mod. Extra vehicle parts mod will probably soon get a giant update. Until then, it is likely to be quite buggy.

Ok, thanks for the update.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:8, topic:12750”][quote=“Gryff, post:7, topic:12750”]I have tried to place magazines in Assault Rifle Turret (various .223 magazines), Perforator Turret (nail gun magazine), and Needler Turret (Nail gun magazine) with no joy. As far as I can see I can only load single rounds up to the magazine capacity (so 1 round in perforator and 5 rounds in needler).

Am I missing something obvious? I am using today’s experimental.[/quote]

Bug with the extra vehicle parts mod. Extra vehicle parts mod will probably soon get a giant update. Until then, it is likely to be quite buggy.[/quote]

Core level or just the mod? I’d like to update my older stable version without having all the crap bugs in the latest =/

It’s a bad time to update right now, at least for Windows and Mac systems. We have a bunch of bugs that didn’t show up in Linux and FreeBSD versions and because of that we have problems fixing them.
We’re working on it. If we don’t figure anything out, we’ll just hack around it.

I check here from time to time, but isn’t it nigh for a new stable?

A few things need to happen to get this going.

-Main Benchmark Issues need to be addressed, major long term bugs, etc.
–A feature freeze needs to be engaged so enough bugs can actually be squashed to make it stable-worthy.
—To make a feature freeze even go through, most currently open features, reworks, et cetera that were in progress need to be either finished, tied off at the frays, or otherwise removed. Considering the occasion of people coming in, half-making a large series of impressive features, and then abandoning them halfway through even though sizable portions have been merged already, it becomes a problem to determine whether to wait or to finish the job for them.

All the meanwhile, new features are being tossed in still, and new bugs crop up as people add more stuff. It’ll be a while before a new stable is on it’s way, you’ll know when it’s soon once a feature freeze happens.

That said, the previous assumes we’re still using feature freezes, which we no longer may be, I haven’t been keeping up too well, but it’s the extent of what I know.

A few things need to happen to get this going.

-Main Benchmark Issues need to be addressed, major long term bugs, etc.
–A feature freeze needs to be engaged so enough bugs can actually be squashed to make it stable-worthy.
—To make a feature freeze even go through, most currently open features, reworks, et cetera that were in progress need to be either finished, tied off at the frays, or otherwise removed. Considering the occasion of people coming in, half-making a large series of impressive features, and then abandoning them halfway through even though sizable portions have been merged already, it becomes a problem to determine whether to wait or to finish the job for them.

All the meanwhile, new features are being tossed in still, and new bugs crop up as people add more stuff. It’ll be a while before a new stable is on it’s way, you’ll know when it’s soon once a feature freeze happens.

That said, the previous assumes we’re still using feature freezes, which we no longer may be, I haven’t been keeping up too well, but it’s the extent of what I know.[/quote]

Seems a bit of a mess. We’re left with buggy software and rampant development, not so much a game to be played, but a game’s source to be toyed with. I appreciate all the work everyone’s putting in and i often check the activity on the github to see new people working, but it does have to amount to a usable project if we’re still to consider this a workable game.

Well I’m not sure what you’re talking about there but I very rarely ever get truly game breaking bugs and even when there is one it gets patched before you know it. Maybe you just get unlucky with what versions you download? Or maybe it’s that you don’t download the experimentals? This is very much a workable game and many people get a ridiculous amount of hours out of it as do I. The experimental part of it is more like “not fully implemented features” rather than “warning this may crash often.” Besides, how many other games do you know of that release about ten versions a day?

Also, I’m not saying that it crashing isn’t a thing or that there are no bugs, it definitely happens but I’ve never found it unplayable because of it.

Have to agree with there being some bugs (what game don’t)
But at the same time nothing that don’t get fixed bloody fast.

I am going to keep saying this but the cdda community is so so lucky that we have so many talented people contributing to this amazeing simulator :slight_smile:

This game is ground breaking the depth,optoins,items its crazy I love it.

We have z levels in the works
Vehicle construction
Construction
Item crafting

I mean holy crap: O

But yeah stick with it some times the releases (experimentals) don’t even load or come with an exe lol.
But tbh as said 5+ updates a day who on earth gets this from any other game.

We are truly blessed I love the cdda community.

Thank you so so much

Release stable with those enhancements, add true story and improve endgame goals/ultimate plot, balance and CDDA will be considered Major Roguelike. You are that far really.

Well, recently a few annoying bugs have not been fixed. But considering it is vacation time. This is not totally surprising. And there are a few big refactorings being done. Those always introduce a few annoying bugs.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:1005, topic:5582”]Mission code is mostly JSONized now. Has bugs here and there, but it should allow simple custom missions already.

Mutation attacks are jsonized. Currently only simple ones, but this covers most of them.[/quote]

Hey Coolthulhu, could you update the json documentation in the doc dir with these changes? (I already have a PR that adds the other missing documentation from the mutations, just didn’t add the attacks).

But how do i do that when the PC cannot learn the recipes from the book?
I don’t think i understand.

But how do i do that when the PC cannot learn the recipes from the book?
I don’t think i understand.[/quote]

Keep the book in your inventory or within 5 or 6 line of sight tiles and you can use the recipes.